HARRISBURG – Sixteen fire and EMS organizations in the 54th Legislative District have been awarded approximately $188,000 in funding through the Pennsylvania Fire Company and Ambulance Service Grant Program, Rep. Bob Brooks (R-Westmoreland/Allegheny) announced today.
“Our firefighters and EMS personnel work tirelessly day in and day out to protect us,” said Brooks. “This state grant program helps to relieve some of the financial burden they face and allows them to continue providing their life-saving services to our communities.”
The grant money comes from state gaming proceeds as required under state law. Funding can be used to build, repair or renovate a fire company or ambulance service’s primary structure; purchase or repair firefighting, ambulance or rescue equipment; participate in training seminars and workshops; or pay down the organization’s debt. To receive a grant award, an organization must first apply.
Fire and emergency medical services companies that serve the 54th District were awarded the following amounts:
• Fawn Township Volunteer Fire Company No. 2 - $11,512.73.
• Fawn Township Volunteer Fire Department No. 1 - $11,512.73.
• Harrison Hills Fire Company No. 4 - $13,326.97.
• West Deer EMS - $7,155.22.
• West Deer Volunteer Fire Company No. 3 - $14,811.36.
• West Deer Volunteer Fire Department No. 2 - $14,151.63.
• West Deer Volunteer Fire Department No. 1 - $11,512.73.
• Lower Burrell Fire Company No. 3 - $13,821.77.
• Lower Burrell Fire Company No. 3 EMS - $7,155.22.
• Lower Burrell Fire Company No. 1 - $11,667.66.
• Markle Volunteer Fire Department - $13,326.97.
• Murrysville Medic Fire Company No. 1 - $11,512.73.
• Murrysville Medic EMS - $7,155.22.
• Murrysville Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 - $13,162.04.
• Sardis Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 - $14,151.63.
• White Valley Volunteer Fire Department - $12,007.52.
The 54th Legislative District includes the townships of Fawn, West Deer and part of Harrison in Allegheny County; and also in Westmoreland County, the boroughs of Export, Lower Burrell and Murrysville; along with the townships of Allegheny, Upper Burrell and part of Penn.
Representative Bob Brooks
54th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)