HARRISBURG – Rep. Bob Brooks (R-Allegheny/Westmoreland) today announced that fire and ambulance companies in the 54th District will collectively receive more than $386,000 in state grants through the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program.
“We owe a debt of gratitude to our first responders,” said Brooks. “We are grateful for all those who sacrifice their time to help another in their time of need. These volunteers put themselves in danger on a daily basis at no cost to the taxpayers. I am thankful for their dedicated service to our communities. This grant will certainly help them perform their jobs.”
These grants are aimed to support fire companies, emergency medical services and volunteer rescue squads by funding projects based on the needs of their facilities, equipment, debt reduction, training, education and careers departments.
The following counties in the 54th District received fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) grants.
• Fawn Township Volunteer Fire Department No. 1 - $22,603.
• West Deer EMS - $15,048.
• West Deer Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 - $22,603.
• West Deer Volunteer Fire Company No. 2 - $25,342.
• West Deer Volunteer Fire Company No. 3 - $24,794.
• Allegheny Township Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 - $23,014.
• Export Volunteer Fire Department - $23,425.
• Grandview Volunteer Fire Company - $11,094.
• Lower Burrell Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 - $22,740.
• Lower Burrell Volunteer Fire Company No. 3 - $24,520.
• Lower Burrell Fire Company No. 3 EMS - $15,048.
• Markle Volunteer Fire Department - $24,110.
• Murrysville Medic One EMS- $13,876.
• Murrysville Medic One Rescue - $22,603.
• Murrysville Medic Fire Company No. 1 - $23,973.
• Sardis Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 - $24,931.
• Upper Burrell Volunteer Fire Department - $23,288.
• White Valley Volunteer Fire Department - $23, 151.
Fire and ambulance companies are reminded that in order to receive their grants and retain their eligibility for the program, paperwork must be submitted back to the Office of Fire Commission by the end of May of 2021.
Representative Bob Brooks
54th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)