HARRISBURG – Within the 54th district portion of Allegheny and Westmoreland counties, 19 fire and ambulance companies will receive approximately $227,000 combined in state grants, Rep. Bob Brooks (R-Allegheny/Westmoreland) said today.
The grants were announced by the Office of State Fire Commissioner within the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA).
“First responders not only risk their lives, but often they have the foresight to think of what should or could be saved,” said Brooks. “We thank all our first responders from our firefighters, paramedics, and other emergency and rescue professionals. Their efforts and cooperation are unmatched.”
The following is a list of local fire and EMS companies in the 54th District and the amount of their grants:
• Fawn Township Company No. 1 - $11,509.
• Fawn Township Company No. 2 - $11,509.
• Harrison Hills Volunteer Fire Company - $13,015.
• West Deer EMS - $9,192.
• West Deer Volunteer Fire Department Company 1 - $11,509.
• West Deer Volunteer Fire Department Company 2 - $13,700.
• West Deer Volunteer Fire Department Company 3 - $14,248.
• Allegheny Township Volunteer Fire Company 1 - $11,920.
• Markle Volunteer Fire Department - $13,015.
• Export Volunteer Fire Department - $12,331.
• Lower Burrell Company 1 - $11,649.
• Lower Burrell Company 3 - $13,426.
• Lower Burrell EMS - $9,192.
• Murrysville Medic Company 1 - $11,509.
• Murrysville EMS - $8,019
• Murrysville Volunteer Fire Company 1 - $12,878.
• Sardis Volunteer Fire Company 1 - $13,837.
• White Valley Volunteer Fire Department - $12,057.
• Upper Burrell Volunteer Fire Company - $12,194.
The grants are aimed to support fire companies, emergency medical services and volunteer rescue squads by funding projects based on the needs of their facilities equipment, debt reduction, training, education and careers departments.
Representative Bob Brooks
54th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner
717.260.6437 (office), 717.497.8478 (cell)